Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Please Pass the Salt & Pepper


I made my required Love You Lavender CP the other day. It's nice and safe.. I swirled in some Lime because I was a little bored with it... can't help it. So then I started thinking about how much soapmaking is like my other passion- cooking.

Somehow I dreamed up Cucina Cubes. They are an extra hearty CP . In a feverish search for a savory FO, I happened upon a brand new bottle of Black Tea from Bramble Berry. It's a great fragrance. When I stirred it in, it disappeared behind the smell of the oils. I was bummed. Well, we all know that I'm a CP newbie, so this has probably happened to everyone else, but I was shocked to find that it's coming back as the soap cures! FUN!

Anyway, I dusted the cubes in sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. It might be a little funky, but I really like them. Can't wait to try them after a little garlic-chopping! It will be fun to see if they sell on Etsy.

11 comments:

Joanna Schmidt said...

cute! Too weird, though because I have been thinking of making soap cubes....but different and I can not tell until I have tried it... it is secret....

Anonymous said...

These look really wild! Not as delectable looking as the cupcake soap, but much more funky. :)

Heather@Twin Birch said...

Hey girls! Thanks for your fun 'ments!

Joanna...is this a great minds kind of thing? I'm dying of curiosity now!

Teresa.. the cupcakes are on their way! They were so happy to hop in the box and head out! The cubes are funky... no way around it. I'll be working on their details while they cure.

Michelle said...

Ooo, I like it! My first thought was that it looks like a sugar cube :) And yes, your cupcakes are yummy looking hehe.

Joanna Schmidt said...

must....be....patient....dear

;)

Anne-Marie said...

Love the look of this soap - it's very creative and enticing. =)

Heather@Twin Birch said...

Awwww, thanks you guys! I really love the way it smells... that Black Tea is getting stronger by the day!

gracefruit said...

Those will sell very well! They're so cute. And I love the idea of the black pepper on soap. Fabu!

Heather@Twin Birch said...

Fabu! :) I love that! thank you! xxoo

Carrie Garvin said...

Pure fun!!! Great look to them. Did I ever mention I miss Vermont????

How's the view today??? I am soooo jealous.

Heather@Twin Birch said...

Hi C~G! Funny you should ask about the view. I has 3-7" of SNOW in it's forecast! Vermont misses you, too!