Monday, March 3, 2008

Not So Great



It was bound to happen. I've been in the bubble groove for the past week. Everything has been turning out the way I've expected with the exception of some ash on my last CP batch. (It's still
quite lovely and smells yummy!) Today I hit the bubble skids.

I recently found some really cute individual bundt molds made out of silicone. I knew I wanted to use them for soap as soon as I laid eyes on them. I was so excited when they arrived, I ran downstairs to create.

My need for warm weather has been influencing every fragrance choice I've made for the past 3 weeks! Today it was all about that yummy Island Coconut FO that I've had on my shelf forever.
I was thinking about some kind of Coco-Mocha blend and I wanted to do a dark chocolate drizzle on top using Chocolate Espresso from Bramble Berry.

I was totally grooving until I tried to get the right chocolate color for the glaze on top. I spotted some brown oxide pigment and grabbed the glycerin to mix in to my batch of super smelling mocha glaze. It didn't drizzle exactly as I'd hoped, but it was going in the right direction until I did the Try It Test. (Yep, I try EVERYTHING I make... usually that's not a bad thing at all!)

As you can see in the pix, I made a boo boo. Upon washing my hands with the least pretty mini bundt, my skin and sink turned very brown. Not what I was hoping for. I know this can turn out the way I want it to, but for today I'm going to put it on the shelf and clean my sink!
It will be awhile before they show up on the Twin Birch Etsy site!

No comments: