Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Maybe It's My Sweet Tooth


There are times when it's a little rough to live in Vermont. Usually, it's bad weather that starts the complaint ball rolling. In the past 4 days, we have been presented with about 18 inches of snow. It comes in a big dumping and then we get a day to clean up... rinse and repeat. Right now it is "snaining" which is a slick combo of ice and rain and snow. Although I'm hankering Spring and could start in about how this is really just too much snow, I find it kind of cozy and nice. I mean, a snow day from school puts all of the kids in a great mood, so why not embrace?

So yesterday, while we anticipated more weather I went to the Bubble Lab and whipped up some more SoapCakes. I actually had to because I have an order for them, but I must admit I LOVE making them. I think it's about my fondness for patisseries that makes it so fun to put SoapCakes together! I was especially tickled when Cora (who is 7 today!) thought that they were real and edible. Not to worry... I stopped the disaster before it occurred! Anyway, I can't resist posting the latest batch. If you pop over to Etsy, you'll see them listed there, too! :) I love having fun! :)

Happy Birthday, Cora!!!

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Oh these look great - delicious and mouth watering! =) What a fun project.

Heather@Twin Birch said...

Hey Anne-Marie! It's a lucky thing that you like them! Two of them are on their way to Bellingham! :)

Heidi said...

I just love your soapcakes! One of these days I'm going to have to give them a try! Thanks for the inspiration =)