Friday, January 16, 2009

Thanks to All...

...of you for your love & kindness about Max!! Happily, I was able to pick him up this afternoon. It seems like he didn't have a stroke, but prolapsed a nerve in his neck between his vertebrae. He's had lots of steroids to stop the swelling and is feeling 150% better. When I picked him up, he was back to his old tricks... jumping up & down like a kangaroo, yanking me around like a kite behind him, crying like a baby.... so great! Now the trick is to keep him quiet for 12 days so he doesn't injure himself any more.
Doggie Valium, anyone? Wish me luck!

Our whole family read all of your sweet comments yesterday & today. Cora summed it up the best. She said, "These people are so nice!" She right. Thank you.

10 comments:

Amber said...

Yaaaaaay!!! Wonderful news! Hope he lets himself recover a bit before he resumes his carefree doggy ways. ;)

Carrie Garvin said...

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! Can you tell I am smiling too! I'm sooooooo glad that Mr. Max (my Bella's true love) is back to being 150%---good news my friend...

ONE BIG 120 lbs. OF HUGS! I wish I weighed that--I'm jealous (sigh).

VTPapp said...

I'm so glad that he is better. Does this mean I can't come help in the bubble lab? I am so exciting!

Unknown said...

This is great! Good luck getting him to be calm for 12 days, I have an 9 year old lab that is mellow unless you want him to be! Thank goodness he is doing well!

Lomond Soap said...

Good luck keeping him calm! So glad he's ok though.

Anonymous said...

I am SO relieved to hear Max is ok!!!

As for doggie valium, I know a lot of folks use Dramamine to sedate their dogs for trips and stuff like that; maybe a half tablet might calm him just enough each day?

Joanna Schmidt said...

big smooch!!!!!!! really god news...give that wet nose a rub..... ;)

Kristi Price said...

Hi Heather, I have your site bookmarked and I haven't been by in a while so just dropping by to say hi and so good to read your dog Max will be ok. He looks like a big ball of fun and love..lol. My dog Daisy is 80lbs herself so I guess I am partial to the big dogs anyway.
I was one of the girls from Red Hot Sweep sites entering to win your bath goodies a while back..I think we got a few giggles out of you. (we all said Karen sent us..lol)
Anyhow, hope all is well in your cold area of the world! ~smile~ Have a nice evening! Kristi in Florida

Michelle said...

Aw, didn't know your dog wasn't well. I'm glad to read that he is recovering, home and jumping around.

gracefruit said...

I know you are so relieved! I'm glad Max is feeling better.