Thursday, January 15, 2009

Prayers for Max

Those of you who've been sweet enough to read One Bubble at a Time for awhile, have met Max.
He's our 3 1/2 year old yellow lab. He weighs in at about 120 and he is a handful! I haven't gone to see Marley & Me, because I'm pretty sure I live it. Read here, here, or here for more Max stories.Some odd behavior from Max prompted me to call the vet this morning. By 1 pm I was frantically driving him to an emergency appt. after my sweet friend Ramsey & I carried him up the stairs using a blanket as a hammock under his chest. Max had been carrying his head very low for 36 hours. I thought it was a flare up of an ear infection he's been treated for. Then he couldn't straighten his paw to walk and began to stumble around.

The Vet, Dr. Bob *(who I love) thinks he was having a stroke. He's at the Hospital having had a large dose of antibiotics & steroids to try to reduce the swelling causing the problems. He perked up a little as I was leaving and I'm praying that he'll be ok. Even though he drives me a little crazy, I love that big dog to bits. So, if you have a moment to say a little something for Max, we would all appreciate it! I'll keep you posted on his condition!

8 comments:

Suds to Love said...

Sending Max huge amounts of hugs and get well thoughts from Howie, Roscoe and Ellie Mae (me too!).

egassner said...

We'll be thinking of Mr. Max!
Our little girl had an emergency visit to the vet today too! She decided to rip open a pack of fishing hooks!..And ended up with one embeded in her lip....silly dog!
Hope you'll be able to take Max home soon

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! Sending lots and lots of good wishes and vibes for Max. xxoo

Joanna Schmidt said...

I will send good thoughts and warm wishes your way for Max. What a honey boy.

Give hugs to the kids.

Carrie Garvin said...

Oh my goodness....PLEASE keep us posted... He will certainly be in our prayers tonight...

He is so beautiful in all ways it must be hard for you to see him like this...Thank goodness he has you and your family to give him all the attention and nurturing he needs...

BIGGEST HUGS to all and a BIGGGGG HUG, SMOOCH to dear Max.

Amber said...

Oh Heather, I'm so sorry! :( I'll be thinking of Max and hoping he makes a swift recovery.

Anonymous said...

Heather, I am so sorry that Max is not feeling well. I hope he gets better quickly. Even though our dogs give us some trouble when something is wrong you realize how much you love them and what a big of your family they are. I will be thinking of Max & your family today. I hope he feels better soon and that he can come home with you soon. Big hugs to you!!!

Lomond Soap said...

Hope Max will be ok. Such a worrying time for you and your family. Best wishes for a swift recovery.