Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like.....
























CHRISTMAS!!!! This is my fav. bar of soap du jour! I'm calling it Vermont Spruce. It's a nod to the beautiful conifers that surround us here in the Northeast and also a tip of the hat to you-know-when! CHRISTMAS!!!! The idea of putting the trees on the bars came to me out of the blue and about 6 degrees from stirring time during the lye/oil cool down. I just love it, though.
And the fragrance is great. Fresh spruce on a crisp winter's day... breathe in and escape to the woods. Yum.

I'm bringing these to the Essex Craft Fair next weekend, but I'll have several batches for sale on etsy in the next few weeks. If you're interested, leave me a comment and I'll reserve your bars.
Ho, ho, ho! :)

5 comments:

Pajama Mama said...

I saw your blog title... and I finished the title..."CHRISTMAS!" And had to come see what you made! They look like the smell yummy, too!!!

Everytime I check your blog, you have another cute background!

Carrie Garvin said...

Fantastic! They look wonderful~ inspired by all that you have on your wonderful property~ what could be better?

And I agree with pajama mama~ such cute backgrounds! I haven't figured that part out yet on my blog... (half grin).

And oh yeah--a package is on it's way to the beautiful state of Vermont....(sigh).

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, and very Christmas-y!! Hope you sell tons at the Essex Craft Fair!

Anonymous said...

I tell ya, I'm from upstate NY and live in SC and I can say from experience-all good things come from Vermont!

Carrie Garvin said...

YIPPEEEEEE! I received my give-away package from Heather today!!!! AND OH MY GOOOODNESS~ it's beginning to look like the holidays now!

Heather~ I'm in LOVE with the Perfect Pumpkin! It is PERFECT indeed, washing a creamy pumpkin color and smells divine! And I also received one of the soaps with the spruce~ what a charming beautiful yummy soap. And there was more, lots!

As soon as I can take pics (Sunday) I will post on my blog for everyone to feast their eyes---too bad the monitor doesn't have a "smelling" feature.

You are doing a wonderful job in your Bubble lab, and so generous too! I LOVE IT ALL! Many thanks!

BIG HUGS! XXXOOOOO